First Day : Kyoto, The City of Temples

Hi girls,I want to tell you about my travelling experience and I hope it can be a recommendation when you guys have a plan to go to Japan. I went to Japan for the first time and I`ve been travelling only around Kyoto about 6 days. For the first time l touched down in Japan especially in Osaka ( Because i flew from Jakarta to Osaka and took a train to go to Kyoto) I think Osaka was simmilar city like Jakarta except they have a Shinkansen, organize station and good train schedule and some building has a great architecture. But i was wrong, there was many interesting things to do in Japan.

When I touched down in Osaka International Airport, I took a train to go to Kyoto. There`s 3 different trains to go to Kyoto which are local train, express train and Shinkansen. What is the different between them?

For local train, the train stops at all stations and it takes time to go to Kyoto. You need around 2 hours if you take a local train and including you have to change the train. Actually i dont really understand about the train route map. So i didn`t take kind of this train besides, the train is simmilar with Jakarta`s train. Nothing special from the train because we all knew that our trains is from Japan right?
For Shinkansen which is the highest speed train in Japan. You know what the train is really fast !! I took this train from Kyoto to Osaka only 20 minutes. I took this train because i just want to feel the experience took Shinkansen.The last one is express train. Express train is more convenient than local train because the seat only for two people in the rigt or left side and it faster because the trains stop at fewer stations, so from Osaka to Kyoto you can go only for 1 hour. I took this train.

Ok now, forget about the train, we move to the trip.
First day in Kyoto i saw how amazing Kyoto station, I like the architecture of the station because is not only station but there`s departement store which is Isetan, restaurants and if you going to the upstairs you can see Kyoto landscape.

This is Kyoto Station and you can see how amazing it is

Kyoto Landscape in Spring
The stations also provide lockers for tourist when they come to Kyoto for a moment, they can put their suitcase or bag in the locker. But you have to pay around 500 to 700.

After that, i visited Fushimi-Inari shrine because i heard from my brother when you pray on this place your dream will be come true, this is the main reason why i want to go to this shrine. Is it silly reason? Hahaha..

This is the main gate of Fushimi Inari Shrine. 
If you see the picture, there is dog statues in front of the gate. Actually that isn`t dog, that is a fox. According to the legend stories, fox is a faithful guardian and protect the shrine from evil or bad luck ( My boyfriend told me about it, if it`s wrong. Blame him ;p )

On the shrine you can see many places to pray and people believe if you write and put your dream in this shrine, your dream will be come true. I think Fushimi-Inari is the best place to make a wish and no wonder if you see many wishes around the shrine.

People dreams.


I tried my my good luck with shake a bamboo jar, and the bamboo jar pulled out one stick, in the stick you can see what is your number, I got number 11 and I change the stick with a paper, The paper fill is kind of forecast but i dont understand the meaning. I hope i get a good luck for this year..

My forecast. If you know the meaning please let me know. Haha



After i prayed and made a wish, I explored the shrine more details. So, after I entered the main gate and praying place, I found many gates, each gate has a different message but i heard some people or rich people build this gate and pay a thousand dollars to make a wish or giving thanks for the prosperity and hope of good luck for the future. I wish i could read and explain to you the meaning of those words.






After i went around the temple, I went to one of unique restaurant in Kyoto which was Fire Ramen. Before i went to Japan, I did some research about what is the unique restaurant and i found many foreigner talked about this place. So i went to the restaurant and tried a ramen. The place is very simple but the taste of ramen was delicious. You will be mesmerized if you know how they cook the ramen. Let`s check out the video below but please dont laugh if you see how stupid my face.




So that was my first day in travelling, How lucky I am that I have someone who showed me around many good places in Japan especially Kyoto.




0 komentar:

Post a Comment